Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend/Jamberry Nails

So I went home with a friend for Easter Weekend and had a positively fantabulous time. Her parents have a farm, so being back out in the country with cows nearby was a lot like home. Except for the ring of mountains, but they just added some ambiance. She has a 5 month old baby niece who for some reason was fascinated by me. We had regular staring contests. And she thought my farm animal noises were hilarious (at least there's one person out there who thinks so). She was such a cute baby too, and all smiles and giggles and spit bubbles.

We did some crafty type things over the weekend (I'll tell y'all about the embellished totes later, I don't have all the pictures taken yet). We also went to this awesome antique store where I got some good finds, those I'll tell you about when I get the project I have planned with them finished. But Saturday morning we went to a Jamberry Nails party.

What are Jamberry Nails? Well, they're like skins (those stickers you put on electronics) for your nails. The website is here. Putting them on takes some practice (I'd start with fingers, toes require practice, small pieces, dexterity and let's not forget the flexibility to put your foot close to your face so you can see what you're doing to your quite possibly teeny tiny toenails). But you end up with a flipping cool design on your nails, for a lot cheaper than getting them done professionally ($15/sheet and each sheet will do all your fingers and toes twice, maybe more if you're good at free cutting the right shape), and a lot less hair-pulling-out then trying to use straight pins and toothpicks to put a cool design on yourself.

I chose a Black & White Damask. It's hard to tell what the overall design is on the nails because not one of my nails is large enough to fit the entire damask pattern thing, but I love them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment