Friday, April 6, 2012

6 Hour Blanket

I know it says 6 hour blanket up there, but I'm really not sure how long it took me.

Anyway, I learned to knit last Memorial Day, and decided that I should make a blanket for my brother for Christmas. In Aggie colors, of course. So I set out to find a simple, preferably quick, pattern. I ended up smushing patterns together. Along with some rigging, I cobbled together a sensible pattern to make this super quick and easy blanket.

Yarn:   Country Loom in Merlot and Shale and Charisma  in white

Needles: Big, huge, giant needles. Size 17-19 (US) circulars in the longest length (29 inches).

Pattern: Now I have almost no idea how to write a pattern, but this is super simple, so bear with me

Throughout the pattern, hold all three yarns together
Cast on 50
Row 1: Knit 1 YO Knit 2 tog until last Knit 1
Rows 2-?: Repeat Row 1 until blanket is however long you want it, Cast Off

There are many tutorials out there that can help with learning to knit and figuring out what the heck I mean by YO and Knit 2 tog (and will do a lot better job than I ever could).

To get the blanket this large, I used just over three skeins of the maroon and brown, and nearly four of the white.

Getting it back to Texas for Christmas was an adventure in itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment