Friday, April 6, 2012

Cake . . . in a MUG!

I love chocolate cake. Love it. I also love to bake, but with limited time that's a pipe dream.

Plus, if I made an entire chocolate cake, I'd eat an entire chocolate cake. I have no will power against Devil's Food (see what I did there?)

So when a friend posted a cake-in-a-mug recipe to Facebook, I decided I had to try it. A single serving of cake made in the microwave. A little disconcerting, no? But you'll never win (cake) if you don't try (cake), so I decided to put on my big girl adventure panties and give it a shot.

It. Is. Delicious! I can't even begin to explain to you how excited I am by this cake development.

What you need

1 box Angel Food or Pound cake mix (I use Pound for the simple fact that the first time I made it, my Kroger was out of Angel Food)
1 box cake mix of your choice (if you go for something other than Devil's Food, I'm not sure I can speak to you anymore)

How to make heaven in a mug

Mix those two boxes of cake mix. I'm a big fan of throwing things around, so I put them in a freezer bag and go to town until they're mixed really well. Put 1/3 cup of the mixed mixes (try saying that 5 times fast) into a coffee mug, or a tumbler works as well. Add 3 Tbs water and stir well. Microwave for 1 minute.

And that's it. You're done. Amazing, right? I usually put it in the freezer for 10 minutes or so after it's done cooking because I don't like my cakes warm (yes, I know, I'm weird). Then I add a good sized dollop of Hershey's Whipped Chocolate Icing and enjoy my mugful of deliciousness.



I don't have a picture of this amazingness on hand, but I'll try to get one taken and posted soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment