Wednesday, May 30, 2012

More "Art"

Yet another Pinterest find. Use scrapbook letter stickers to spell out a meaningful quote, a child's name and DOB, your and your spouse's names with marriage date, etc on a canvas. Then go to town with paints.

I went with ocean-y colors (as I almost always seem to do). Just squirted them all over the canvas and used a large, dry brush to do some basic blending. Let the sucker dry overnight, take off the scrapbook letters, and Ta-Da!
I know the pic is rather dark . . . I just couldn't seem to get the right light on it. I'll try to remember to take another picture when it's hung. And that is a partial quote from The Count of Monte Cristo (Alexandre Dumas). The full quote is "Until the day when God will deign to show the future to man, all human wisdom is contained in these two works - wait and hope".

No comments:

Post a Comment